The Role of Tradition: Its Importance
Exercises of tradition give expression to the mysteries of Faith and Scripture. At first you will see how these expressions are obvious at first. There is, however, an organic nature to traditionit advances, assimilates, and throws off. All the same it maintains a sort of unity and constancy throughout it all.
With this thought in mind, let us see what belief in something and being compelled to evangelize require:
1) We need to live what it says.
2) We need to understand why, how, and what we live and, likewise, that which we base our life off of (and this is a process). We need to understand a Christian life as much as we do Christian Scriptures. What does Scripture require? What does faith require?
3) A consensus from a community that this is a proper way of life.
4) A consensus by the community that this is a proper reading of the text.
5) A practical means of speaking about such a text and life didactically (i.e., can you teach these words and this life in a manner tha